Preparing for Your Online/Video Counselling
Online counselling uses secure and user friendly technology to create major shifts in clients’ emotional health. It has been successfully utilized by many and now you can ensure your safety and continue your counselling from the comfort of your own home.
Be prepared prior to your appointment time:
- Check your internet connection/data is strong and that you have a webcam.
- Be sure your device is fully charged or plugged in.
- Use headphones/earbuds for better quality sound and this may help the experience to feel more private.
- Close other windows on your device and if using an iPhone, set, ‘do not disturb’, to minimize disruptions.
- Find a quiet and private space in your home, in your car or even in an outdoor space where you will not be interrupted. If there are others in your home, let them know you won’t be available during this time.
- If you have voice activated systems in your home, unplug them.
- Have water or tea and tissue to assist with your comfort
- Please share any concerns about this experience with your therapist.
Our admin will help you with any questions you have about online video counselling. You will receive an email invitation to your next appointment that will guide you to your video session. We look forward to connecting with you at your next appointment.
BACH COUNSELLING GROUP
*While online counselling is effective for helping with anxiety and other emotional conditions, it does not replace medical assistance in emergencies. If you are in an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room or if you have serious questions regarding COVID-19 please call 811.