Preparing for Virtual Counselling:
Given the current outbreak of COVID-19, we are providing secured online counselling to ensure your counselling is consistent and safe for you, your family and our staff. Online counselling uses secure and user friendly technology to create major shifts in clients’ emotional health. It has been successfully utilized by many and now you can ensure your safety and continue your counselling from the comfort of your own home.
Preparing and considerations prior to your appointment time:
- Check your internet connection/data is strong and that you have a webcam.
- Be sure your device is fully charged or plugged in.
- Use headphones/earbuds for better quality sound and this may ensure the experience is private.
- Close other windows on your device and if using an iPhone, set, ‘do not disturb’, to minimize disruptions.
- Confidentiality: find a quiet and private space in your home, in your car or even in an outdoor space where you will not be interrupted. If there are others in your home, let them know you won’t be available during this time.The nature of virtual counselling limits the level of confidentiality we can ensure given you will be determining the location and level of privacy for your time with the counsellor.
- If you have voice activated systems in your home, unplug them.
- Bach Counselling Group utilizes platforms that adhere to Canada Law, the Personal Information Protection of Electronic Documents Act PIPEDA. However, your personal IP address could be stored. By participating in virtual counselling and signing BCG’s intake form you agree to arrange and be responsible for your own privacy during virtual meetings.
- Have water or tea and tissue to assist with your comfort.
- Please share any concerns about this experience with your therapist.
Our administrator, Victoria will help you with any questions you have about virtual counselling. You will receive an email invitation to your next appointment that will guide you to your virtual counselling session. We look forward to connecting with you at your next appointment.
www.bachcounselling.com email@example.com 604 904-0898
*While online counselling is effective for helping with anxiety and other emotional conditions, it does not replace medical assistance in emergencies. If you are in an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room or if you have serious questions regarding COVID-19 please call 811, Health-link BC.