Cameron Gibson is speaking at our local high schools helping youth deal with stress! Cameron has spoken about mindfulness and the strategies to move beyond stress at Carson Graham Secondary and West Vancouver Secondary School.
Date: January 9th/2018 and June 5th/2018
If you’d like Cameron to speak at your school contact us: email@example.com/ 604-904-0898
Start Date: May 15th, 2016
Location: Our primary location at 15th and Lonsdale in North Vancouver
Hi Friends and Parents,
I’m excited to let you know we are starting our first Mindfulness for Youth Program. We are looking for youth 13-15 years who are interested in learning more about how their brain works and how to work with their brains!
The more we learn about the practice of mindfulness and the brain, the more we see that mindfulness is one of the keys to improving our ability to:
- manage stress
- perform better on tests
- improve concentration
- reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression
- increase overall wellbeing
With the incredible pressures and stressors on youth today, coupled with rising rates of anxiety in youth, we specifically designed this program to assist youth in changing the way they manage stress. Our Mindfulness for Youth Program brings knowledge and understanding through instruction and practice in a small group setting where youth will:
- Discover how to identify the difference between helpful levels of stress vs damaging anxiety
- Learn what a resilient and flexible mind is, and how it can be best developed
- Gain an understanding of stress and the brain physiology
- Develop tools to identify and better manage stress
- Take home a collection of mindfulness skills
Our first 4-week Pilot Mindfulness for Youth starts May 15th, 4-6pm at our primary location at 15th and Lonsdale in North Vancouver. Being a pilot program, we are offering the discounted rate: $235
This is a small group setting with very limited spots available. Please contact me with any questions and/or to register.